Wednesday, February 6, 2008

something new

tammy has been kind enough to let vern & I share this blog. We want to thank all of you with all our heart for your care and love for us, especially your prayers. Its true that vern's side effects have been tolerable so far but today he has started losing his hair. I know there's lots of jokes that can be made about this but I can only imagine how it makes him feel about himself. To me he will always be the most handsome man i know and we have been told that it will grow back. We found out that it could even grow back a different color or from straight to curly. The Lord has faithfully guided us through this trial ps 48:18 says "for this is God, our God forever & ever, He will be our guide even to death". For those who don't know part of vern's cancer has affected his voice so please pray that it would be God's will it won't worsen or that it would improve. Vern hasn't been able to attend church or bible study at this time. Chemo kills the good cells in his body too not just the bad cells so he can't take a chance of getting ill, not even a slight cold. He misses fellowshipping and worshiping with all of you very much but we will always remember you in our prayers. Thank you again for loving us. Only God knows the outcome of all his treatments and we want to give Him the glory no matter what His will is. Vern & Pat

3 comments:

Rachael said...

hi dad,
you also are the most handsome man i know with or without hair...and its not the outside that counts its whats in your heart....And we all know who dwells in there... I love you so very much dad and wish with all my heart that i could be closer to you... you and mom are in my thoughts and prayers every moment of the day...if i was ever given the chance to pick my parents I would choose you and mom all over again.You have been the most wonderful father to me and I could never express how much I appreciate you and mom..I love and miss you dad...rach

littlelouie said...

Hi Vern & Pat,

I know how much I would hate to lose my hair but I also think you'll still be very handsome, Vern. I know if Michael Jordan, Telly Savalis, and Bruce Willis can pull it off, You can. You're definitely a lot better looking than any of them.

Of course Rachael's right. I don't think any of them have your heart and I Samuel 16:7b says The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. I know that God is very pleased when He looks at you, brother.

I love you, Donna

Gary & Kathi said...

Vern,

Kathi and mom and I went to Noah Lee's birthday party today. Noah Lee is Troy's son and my grandson. He is 12 years old. God has recently opened the doors for us to have contact with Noah Lee. He lives in Modesto and his mother is now a christian and married to a christian man. We are so exited and wanted to share this good news with you.

Since we were so close to Chuck and Donna we came here to spend the night. Mom says hi and she loves you and misses you. She know that you are in God's care.

We all love you and are praying for you daily. Pat, we know how difficult this is for you, Tammy, Racheal, and Scott. We love you all and we're here if you need us.
Please call if we can help in any way.

Love Gary, Kathi and mom.