Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. " Psalms 18:28-32

Today was Dad's big appointment and we are so thankful for the work God has done. His latest catscan showed a "considerate decrease" in the size of the enlarged lymphnode and tumor in the lung. Dad's voice has improved incredibly and he doesn't have anymore pain when swallowing. Because he responded so well to treatment, the doctor wants to give him two more chemo treatments (one in the last week of May and one in the last week of June) . They will not be as agressive as the first rounds and he won't be doing radiation along with it. My parents will have to cut short their trip to Wisconsin, but our thankful that they will still be able to go for a little while, if things stay well. Though he still needs prayer for continued healing and strength, today we are so thankful for this encouraging news!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I am so glad to hear that things are improving. I will continue to pray that you will feel better and better.