Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So, apparently radiation machine won't be fixed until Friday. Dad will have to come in on Saturdays to make up for missed treatments. Please continue to pray that the machine does indeed get fixed ASAP. He is still doing well (just tired) and this is a big anser to our prayers!
Also, I found out that I was indeed incorrect on my Dad's favorite verse (He tends to quote alot of different ones :) ) He informed me that his favorite verses are :

Romans 8:38,39 - "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord!"

Jer. 9:23,24 - Thus says the Lord, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these thinsg," declares the Lord

6 comments:

pat and mitch said...

Hey Vern: 13 believers were praying for you tonight at our bible study. Some have family members who have gone through chemo. It was great to hear our friends pray for my wonderful brother,...pat

littlelouie said...

Hi Vern,

I hope you had a restful week. The women at my bible study are praying for you also. I will let them know to continue to pray about the machine. Love You.

Donna

Rachael said...

HI Dad,
I love you and you are always on my mind.... love you rach

Myra said...

Hi Vern and Pat,
Just wanted you to know that you are in our prayers, and we are so thankful that our merciful Lord will continue to give you both the grace and peace that you need from day to day.
Much love in Christ,
Myra and Brian Shealy

Mike Hiteshew said...

Hi Vern,Trudie and i have been checking this blog daily to track your progress.please know we are praying for you and pat.the lord is faithful and his lovingkindness will see you through this.(ps.92:1.)MikeHiteshew

Unknown said...

Dear Brother,
Wanted to share one of my favorite sections in Scripture. Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and portion forever." I'm so thankful that God has been, and will continue to be, your strength through all of this. Love you lots-
Your Favorite Sis